BOOZY AMARETTI PEACHES
By contrast to the ever so healthy salad in our last food post, this one is a little cheekier. It’s also very easy to put together and will no doubt have those who you feed it to, asking for more… greedy buggers! 😉
You will need:
- 4 Ripe peaches
- A punnet of raspberries
- 50g of butter
- 1 Spoonful of honey
- 15 medium sized amaretti biscuits
- Some sweet dessert wine, or rum will also work- a small glass approx
- Salted caramel ice cream
Here’s what to do:
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Halve the peaches and remove the stone from the centre. Put them in an oven proof dish skin side down.
- Crush the biscuits until they are like breadcrumbs. Having a spare sealable freezer bag on hand allows a great moment of stress relief while you pummel the biscuits!
- Gently melt the butter in a small pan.
- Add the honey and half the glass of wine.
- Now add the crushed biscuits but save a small handful for later. stir through until you have a fairly thick consistency then remove from the heat.
- Place a spoonful of this biscuit mixture on each peach, filling the cavity where you removed the stone.
- Sprinkle a little of the remaining crushed biscuits on each peach.
- Pour the remaining wine into the bottom of the dish of peaches.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- When ready, remove them from the oven, arrange two or three on a plate or bowl and pour a little of the juices from the the oven dish around the peaches.
- Scatter some fresh raspberries around them and just before you serve it place a scoop of salted caramel ice cream on top.
Go on, try it… You know you want to.