HOMEMADE ENERGY BARS
This is probably my favourite creation from the whole BREAKTHELOOP X SPEEDO collaboration…
These homemade energy bars are an awesome on-the-go snack to carry around with you for when hunger strikes! They are super easy to throw together, are full of energy, have good amounts of protein thanks to all the nuts and nut butter and best of all they make your kitchen smell amazing when baking in the oven!
Warning! Can be highly addictive!
- Oats (3 cups)
- Almond Butter (1/2 cup)
- Cranberries (1/2 cup)
- Almonds / Pecans / Pistachios (1 cup using a mixture of these 3, or you could use different nuts, depending on your preference)
- Coconut flakes (1/2 cup)
- Coconut Oil (1/4 cup)
- Honey (1/4 cup)
- Maple Syrup (1/4 cup)
- Pre heat the oven to about 175.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients into a jug
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine thoroughly!
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Pour mixture into tray, distribute evenly.
- Firmly press down the mixture, till it feels super firm and solid.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so, this might depend on your oven – mine absolutely scorches everything so I would recommend keeping an eye on your tray of deliciousness to make sure they’re not burning!
- Remove from oven and, using the baking paper, pick them up and transfer onto a wire rack.
- Let cool fully before transferring to a hard surface and cutting up into bars. NOTE If you try to cut them whilst they’re still hot you will end up with a crumbly mess. I may have learnt this the hard way… Impatient, me?!
- Enjoy! Preferably with a freshly brewed cup of coffee!
If you do make them don’t forget to snap a picture and share on Instagram using the hashtag;
Can’t wait to see what you all create!
// This post is sponsored by Speedo, however all content and opinions are my own.