QUICK & EASY FLATBREADS
I have tried making bread before and well… the less said about it the better! The ‘loaf’ that I created could have been legitimately used as a weapon, it was so dense! And don’t even get the started on the floury, sticky, doughy mess that I made in the kitchen! Basically, so not worth the time and effort when you can pick up a delicious loaf of freshly made bread for less than £2 in almost any bakery or supermarket!
So, one night as we were about to sit down to a picnic style dinner… Cheese, different cuts of ham, wine etc etc and Dan mentioned that he could whip up the perfect flatbreads from just two ingredients and in less than 15 minutes, well… obviously I sent him straight to the kitchen! 😉
This is seriously one of those things that is so easy and foolproof, you will wonder how you’ve survived for so long not knowing how to make them!
Ingredients – This amount makes an absolute heap of flatbreads!
- Plain Yoghurt (350g)
- Self Raising Flour (350g – Plus a little more for rolling the dough out)
- Pinch of salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Portion off into little balls.
- Heat a little cooking oil or butter in a skillet pan.
- One by one take your dough balls onto a floured surface and roll them out until they’re literally only a few ml thick.
- Score a few lines on one side with a sharp knife.
- Cook for a few mins on either side.
- At this point, like we did, you can glaze with garlic & herb butter… but left plain they are also equally delicious and great for dipping etc etc.
// This post is sponsored by Speedo but all ideas and opinions are very much our own.