STUFFED SWEET POTATO SKINS
For some reason these make me think of childhood and I can imagine that whilst being great fuel for the adult and almost-adult athletes among us, they would also be great to make with and for the kids in your life. They’re fun, easy to throw together and have the potential to get a bit messy… all the elements of great kids food, right?!
You can switch out the fillings for whatever you like but, unless you’re a veggie, then the bacon is an absolute must!
- Sweet Potato
- Bacon Bits
- Ramiro Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- Bake your potatoes until they are thoroughly cooked through, set to one side.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and sweat the shallots and chives.
- Now add the bacon and the ramiro peppers, cook until the bacon is nice and crispy.
- Now take your sweet potato and chop it in half, scoop out the middle and transfer to a large bowl.
- Now add to the scooped out potato, your sweetcorn, the contents of the skillet and some feta cheese, mix all together.
- Now transfer the mixture back to the potato skins, top with more cheese and… devour!
// This post is sponsored by Speedo however all ideas and opinions are my own.