OPERATION GET RIPPED
One week down, quite a few still to go! I must admit I’m feeling pretty proud of myself this week, I know starting these things is always pretty easy but I stuck to the training plan like glue, added a few extra bits here and there and really pushed myself with the weights when I felt able. I also stuck to the 1,930 kcal per day, actually without too much trouble. I tend to cook a lot from scratch and always eat a lot of veggies and healthy foods, I was still a little surprised at how easy it was though, if I’m honest. One thing that I did struggle with (and is actually what probably made the most difference!) is portion control with desserts and sweet foods, well, portion control in general really but I have definitely been known to eat dessert a little too frequently, perhaps! Ha! Another thing that has made a difference is just generally being more mindful about what I eat, logging everything on MyFitnessPal has meant that I now think about what I’m eating, not in an anywhere near obsessive way but it just gives me pause to stop and think.
I have started to notice a difference in myself, it’s probably all but invisible to some but you just know in yourself when you are leaner. Sadly these results are all coming from my boobs (sob) and waist and not from where they really need to be coming from i.e. everywhere else! Ha! I know it will come though, I’m just uber impatient!
So, just started on the 2nd week of training (it’s actually the 3rd but I’m counting from when I started taking the progress shots!) and I think my body has finally adapted! I’m not waking up with any crazy DOMS and I’m actually getting home after a good solid day of training and not just wanting to stare at the wall in a complete mentally-and-physically-exhausted daze, which is a very good thing as I have been trying to balance a few big commitments recently, looking forward to the end of the month when I can ease off with one of them and put more focus onto the others, as well as actually getting some much needed downtime!
Before this post gets any longer, if you’re still here, well done! I just wanted to share with you one of my favourite workouts from the first week! Surprise, surprise! It’s all about working that posterior chain aka the ASS! Give it a whirl, or even just incorporate one of the moves into your routine, just to spice things up a bit!
- 10 minute any Cardio. Foam Roll.
- 2 x 10/10 (10 on each leg x 2) Banded RDL. Focus on creating tension in the hamstrings
- 4 x 8 Barbell Bridge (push hips up as high as you can, squeeze gluts for 3 secs and repeat.) Rest 1 minute BTW Sets. Use 30-40KG
- 2 x 20m Lunge Forward / Backward
- 5 x 5/5 (5 on each leg x 5) Single Leg Off Box Squat. Slow, weight in the heel, go down as far as you can.
- 4 x 8 RDL (Romanian Deadlift). Focus on the hamstrings. Straight back. Lower to mid shin. Rest 1 minute BTW sets. (Used 45kg)
- 12 x Dumbbell Reverse Lunge + 15 x Box Jump (20 inches) 3 Rounds. No Rest (Used 12kg Dumbbells)
- Stretch, stretch, stretch!!
Let’s see what this next week of ‘operation get ripped’ holds! It’s already started with some killer sessions!