RAW ASIAN STYLE SALAD
Whoops! Apologies guys, thanks to a scheduling error the wrong post went live yesterday, the one that was rather handily missing the recipe! #facepalm
If you’ve been around B R E A K T H E L O O P since the beginning then you might remember us teaming up with Speedo last year to create a whole bunch of healthy recipes! Well, we’re on it again! This is the first of 10 so stay tuned…
Anyway, here is this super simple recipe absolutely packed with goodness and nutrients thanks to all those raw veggies! I promise this is super tasty for all you sceptical carnivores out there! A spiraliser is handy here (and you can pick one up online for practically nothing, less than £15) but you could make do by using a peeler and then thinly slicing your veggies to give the same effect.
- Baby corn
- Sugar snap peas
- Red pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Peanut butter (1 tablespoon)
- Lime (half a lime)
- Coriander (handful)
- Ginger (1 ince by one inch cube of ginger, minced)
- Soy (1 teaspoon)
- Honey (squeeze, to taste)
- Garlic (1 clove, minced)
- Spiralise, or thinly slice, your courgette and carrots, place in a big bowl or dish.
- Now chop up your baby corn, sugar snap peas and red pepper, add to the bowl.
- Thinly slice your chilli pepper, chop a handful of your fresh coriander (I like lots!), crush a handful of peanuts and add to your bowl of veggies along with a hefty sprinkle of sesame seeds. Use salad forks to mix through.
- Now prepare your dressing. In a smaller bowl, add a tablespoon of peanut butter (I used crunchy – no added nasties!), your lime, a handful of chopped coriander, a teaspoon of soy (you can add more to taste), a squeeze of honey to taste. Mix all together and you have yourself a ridiculously more-ish dressing!
- Pour all over your prepared veggies, divide up and enjoy!
// This content is sponsored by Speedo but all ideas and opinions are our own