SUPER SIMPLE GREEN & SUMMERY PASTA
I love pasta! It’s quick, simple, filling and there are endless variations to ensure you don’t get bored! One slightly negative factor is that pasta dishes, especially in restaurants – but also in lots of online recipes, tend to be loaded up with heavy creams and cheeses. Super tasty and fine every once in a while, as a treat, but when eaten all the time? It’s basically obesity waiting to happen!
So, as I have teamed up with Speedo to create a whole host of healthy recipes aimed at athletes (of all levels) it made sense to recreate the perfect light pasta dish! Because this is so tasty (not to mention quick and easy to make – You will only use one pan!), I end up whipping it, or a variation of it, up pretty much every single week!
INGREDIENTS (For 2 People)
- Pasta – I use wholewheat (About 3 cups? Admission of guilt – I rarely measure pasta, just dump a load in the pan!)
- Fresh Basil
- Courgette – 1
- Peas – 3/4 Cup
- Fresh Pesto – 1/2 C
- Parmesan – As much or as little as you like!
- Pine nuts – Handful, again as many as you like
- Fill a pan with water and bring to the boil. Add your pasta and set the timer for about 8 minutes, this will vary depending on your oven hob and also the type of pasta you use. I like mine al dente so 8 minutes usually works out perfectly!
- Meanwhile, spiralise your courgette into super thin ribbons.
- When your pasta has only a couple of minutes left, add your peas to the boiling water.
- Drain pasta and peas and then mix through your pesto and courgette ribbons.
- Divide between two bowls and top with your pine nuts, parmesan and fresh basil.
//This post was created in conjunction with Speedo but all ideas and opinions are my own!