Happy pancake day!! We are total pancake monsters at Break The Loop HQ we probably eat them at least once a fortnight, maybe more! So every now and again, it’s nice to switch things up with a variation on the usual wholewheat style! Pancakes are great for refueling the ravenous swimmer (aka – us right now!) and these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes feel like a real treat…
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
INGREDIENTS (Will make two BIG piles!)
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 Cup Wholewheat Flour
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Ricotta
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Zest from 1 Whole Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
FOR THE COULIS
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Lemon Squeezed
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add baking powder and mix together.
- In a separate (large) jug combine your eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and ricotta – whisk together.
- Mix all together and preheat your skillet, greasing with a little butter.
- Whilst your pancakes are cooking, get out the food processor or blender (or you can mash them manually but you will be left with a fairly chunky type coulis!) and blend together your blueberries, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Serve pancakes with coulis, extra blueberries, lemon zest and a little powdered sugar… just because!
These pancakes are SO good!! Happy pancake day, guys!