‘NUTS FOR SALMON’ SALAD
This little concoction is our take on the M&S Nutty Superfood Salad. We made additions and switched a bunch of things around so decided to photograph and post the recipe here, we’re kind like that! Despite the lengthy ingredient list this really is super simple to throw together.
You will need;
- Wild Rice
- Quinoa (we used a 3 grain variety)
- Baby Corn
- Black Eyed Beans
- Pine nuts
For your dressing;
- Light Soy Sauce
- Fresh Squeezed Lime
- Sesame Oil
- Black Pepper
Directions as follows;
- Prepare a pan of boiling water for your wild rice and quinoa, put them on to cook and set a timer for 20 minutes or so.
- Whilst this is cooking, chop up all your veggies, nuts and coriander and set to one side.
- After 10 minutes begin to pan fry your salmon.
- When there is 5 minutes of cooking time left, use a steamer pan (or you can just use any old pan with a tiny bit of water in the bottom and a lid) to lightly steam the edamame, mini corn and asparagus. Note – they should still be nice and crunchy.
- At this point you should also throw your black eyed beans into the rice pan to let them heat for a few minutes.
- When your rice, quinoa and black eyed beans are ready, drain it and add chopped coriander and spinach, stir through and leave to cool.
- Whilst this is cooling you can make your dressing. In a bowl combine all the ingredients, measure to personal taste.
- When your rice has cooled sufficiently, add in the steamed veggies and the raw veggies – broccoli, carrots, courgette, the rest of the coriander and the chopped nuts.
- Mix all together and top with salmon flakes and dressing.
If you try this make sure to let us know what you think. Enjoy!