HEARTY WHOLEWHEAT PANCAKES
These pancakes are slightly more virtuous than your usual fluffy white Americana style offerings but mark my words, they taste just as delicious. It’s also super satisfying eating them and knowing that they will actually provide something in the way of nutrients and longer lasting, slow release fuel.
The following recipe and ingredient list makes enough for one big stack (exactly as pictured above) but if you’re making these for you and your special someone (you will earn major brownie points, if so!) then just double up on everything!
- 2oz White Flour
- 2oz Wholewheat Flour
- 1oz Oats
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil (Plus a little extra for cooking – You can use butter, if you’d prefer)
- 5 Fluid oz Milk (I used Almond Milk but any will work)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Cacao Nibs
- Banana (Sliced)
- Mixed Chopped Nuts (I used Almonds and Pecans)
- High Quality Maple Syrup
- Nut Butter (I used Pip & Nut’s Coconut Almond Butter)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, sift in and mix all together.
- Now, in a jug pour in your milk, add the eggs and finally the melted coconut oil / butter.
- Heat a little oil / butter in your skillet pan
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Spoon mixture into pan, the size of your pan determines the amount of pancakes you can make at one time, obviously! 😉
- Cook until air bubbles start popping through the mixture and the edges look firm.
- Now flip and cook on the other side, they should be springy to touch.
- Serve onto plate and top with all the goodies.
// This post was sponsored by Speedo, however all ideas and opinions are my own.
I’m definitely going to give these a try, they look delicious!
Woooo! Let me know if you do, beaut! Xx