The 5th recipe in our recipe collaboration with Speedo is this pear, fig & blue cheese salad and it’s perfectly suited to the crazy hot weather we’re currently enjoying here in London!
Super simple to throw together, full of goodness from all that fresh fruit and veg and it’s so more-isa that you might even forget that you’re eating a salad!
PEAR, FIG & BLUE CHEESE SALAD
- Mixed Salad Leaves – You can choose whatever you like the best
- Fresh Figs – I used 1 per person, but you can have as many as you like!
- Fresh Pear – Thinly sliced, I used 1 pear between two people but again you can vary these amounts to suit you.
- Blue Cheese – I went for a mild variety, just enough to crumble over the top
- Walnuts – Handful
FOR THE DRESSING
- Wholegrain Mustard – I Teaspoon
- Balsamic Vinegar – I use the thicker kind. A tablespoon
- Honey – 1 Squeeze (to taste)
- Olive Oil – 1 Tablespoons
- Mix all of you dressing ingredients together and set to one side.
- Wash and distribute greens into two bowls.
- Wash and slice your figs and pear. Divide equally and add to salad.
- Top with crushed walnuts and cheese.
- Now, add your dressing and enjoy!
// This pear, fig & blue cheese salad recipe was created in conjunction with Speedo however all ideas and opinions are my own.