I don’t think I know anyone that doesn’t love a well timed gin & tonic so we thought we would take the classic and give you two slightly new versions, gin & tonic with a tasty twist.
Muddled Peach & Rosemary Gin & Tonic
What you’ll need;
- Ripe Peaches x 2
- Fresh Rosemary – A couple of sprigs
- Lime x 1
- Gin of choice – We use Sipsmith
- Tonic x 2 Mini cans
- Cocktail Muddler
- Chop one peach up into small chunks, divide between two glasses – the more peach flavour / sweetness you want, the more peach you should add.
- Add some rosemary – to taste but remember it’s quite a strong flavour, we like just a hint of the taste.
- Press down with your muddler / end of rolling pin / whatever you’re using and really mash up your peach – unlike when muddling herbs such as mint, the more you do this with your peach the more flavour you will get.
- Now add some ice…
- Now add your gin…
- Squeeze in a quarter of lime and drop the lime into your glass.
- Tope up with tonic and garnish with a little more peach, some more lime and a sprig of rosemary.
Grapefruit & Tarragon Gin & Tonic
This was soon good and I honestly wasn’t expecting to like it due to the aniseed like tarragon and the bitter grapefruit, however it totally works!
What you’ll need;
- Grapefruit x 2
- Fresh Tarragon
- Mascavado Sugar x 1 Teaspoon
- Cocktail Shaker
- Slice one of the grapefruits in half and juice, add the juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add some of your tarragon…
- Add the teaspoon of sugar…
- Add your gin…
- Add some ice…
- Shake well. Set to one side.
- Take your glass and add two slices of grapefruit and lots of ice.
- Now add in your cocktail mixture, top up with tonic water and garnish with a little more tarragon.
So good! If you try either of them let us know what you think and feel free to tell all your friends! 😉