Halloumi heaven. I feel like I have eaten this for lunch way too many days to count, recently! Not only does it help me in my never ending quest to consume less meat but it also helps me pack in the raw veggies, it’s quick / simple to make and it tastes like a dream! What’s not to love?
What you’ll need;
- Wholewheat wrap or flat bread – a flatbread is better but I can never seem to find them and I’m definitely not organised enough to be whipping them up myself!
- Sunflower seeds
For the tahini dressing;
- Slice and grill your halloumi, for just a few minutes each side.
- Whilst the halloumi is is cooking you can prepare your wraps and dressing… First up, add a layer of spinach to the wraps.
- Then thinly slice some carrot and courgette on top.
- Now chop up a stem of celery and add to the veggie mix. Set to one side.
- In a small bowl add a spoonful of tahini, mix in a little water to thin it.
- Now add some crushed garlic – how much depends on taste. Around one clove per two people should be enough.
- Squeeze in half a lemon.
- Add some salt and mix together – it really is that simple!
- Now, add your halloumi to your wraps, sprinkle on the seeds and add the dressing.
This really couldn’t be any simpler to throw together and bonus you’re getting an awesome little hit of nutrients from the addition of raw veggies! I will be having this for lunch today post run… and possibly tomorrow as well, oh and maybe the day after that too.
What’s your go-to healthy lunch? Something that can be thrown together in under 20 minutes?